Pharma Melt Extruder
Xplore’s pharma melt extruder (PME 5) is a GMP compliant high quality instrument for Hot Melt Extrusion (HME). Engineered for speed, flexibility and cost-effectiveness, the PME 5 has a standard volume of 5 ml, but also offers a 2 ml* barrel liner for twin-screw extrusion of a minimum amount of product (PME 2, see image below) to meet the demanding screening requirements of pharmaceutical and biomedical R&D applications.
- Interchangeable barrel liners – for 5 or 2 ml working volume (other volumes on request, see 2 ml barrel liner image ).
- Interchangeable screws – conical, fully intermeshing, co-rotating for optimum mixing.
- Easy-to-remove barrel liners and screws- for quick and thorough cleaning.
- Faster screening by cleaning screws and barrel liners in parallel during the next experiment.
- Water cooled top hopper and extended forced feeding screws – for easy feeding of fluffy or static powders.
- Precise temperature control.
- High melt torques possible (19 Nm/screw) for low temperature extrusion and minimal degradation risk.
- Divisible, detachable outlet cap – with 2.4 mm die, also compatible with fibre and film device.
- Dedicated software – for rheological and process data.
- Protocol for easy upscaling to parallel twin-screw extruders.
- Compact tabletop instrument – fits in fume hood or classified room
- Front feeder for polymer granules
- Optional extras – to fully meet your specific requirements.
* Proprietary Xplore technology, IP protected