Lignin Fibre Line
With the Xplore lignin fibre line (LFL) you can quickly produce and condition lignin mono filaments with 5 – 10 g of material. The Xplore LFL is fully compatible with our micro compounders. Cutting edge laboratories use the LFL to wind and condition (cross-link) lignin fibres under extremely precise and reproducible conditions. So you can quickly screen and optimize the process of spinning and conditioning, which are precursors for the carbonization process. This saves costs and development time.
- Variable settings. Speed, overlap pitch, heating modes and other settings can be adjusted to produce diverse types of fibres.
- Smaller samples, faster sample generation. Only a fraction of material is used compared to conventional fibre development.
- Perfect control of fibre stress during conditioning treatment by sensitive grippers and an ultra accurate linear motor which can move with minimum increments of 1 nanometer (measured).
- Purge gas is temperature and flow controlled to support gradual and reproduceable crosslinking of the lignin fibre, to improve the mechanical properties of lignin fibres to enable a subsequent carbonization step.
- Option in combination with one of our micro compounders: Continuous feeder kit. No need for an additional spinning pump, as our micro compounder is featured with throughput control to secure uniform fibre diameter.